The Interdepartmental Science Students’ Society is an inclusive and transparent science faculty association existing to offer useful services, to connect its diverse membership, and to advocate so that science students may enjoy an enriching and valuable undergraduate experience. It aims to accomplish this task through the following objectives:
1. Representation and Advocacy
- To liaise science students to the Faculty of Science and the University of Alberta community.
- To advocate to the Faculty of Science in regards to issues that are important to science students.
- To conduct affairs in a manner that is transparent and accessible, such that science students may be accurately represented.
- To provide useful services that enrich and enhance the undergraduate experience.
- To cultivate professional development that will benefit students beyond an academic context.
- To assist with the introduction and transition of students into the Faculty of Science community.
- To foster unity and identity among science students while bridging students from different disciplines.
- To actively engage in outreach to science students to improve student awareness, involvement, and interest in the services and activities of their faculty association.
- To coordinate and provide funding and support to science groups.