The Interdepartmental Science Students’ Society is an inclusive and transparent science faculty association existing to offer useful services, to connect its diverse membership, and to advocate so that science students may enjoy an enriching and valuable undergraduate experience.
In order to foster a sense of community within the faculty as well as to provide science student groups with much needed funding for their ventures, the ISSS has developed a granting system for Council of Science Student Associations Members.
The Granting Application will be available in BearsDen for all groups to access using a University of Alberta CCID. To access the Form after logging in, go to Organisations, type in “ISSS” in the search field. On the ISSS main page, click “Forms” on the sidebar to the left of the screen. For further clarifications and details, please contact [email protected].
- Will receive notice of auto-funding by September 22, 2017
- Once the notice has been sent out by the COSSA Director, groups may come to the ISSS Office (CCIS 1-150) to pick up their cheques.
- Application Deadline (online): October 18, 2017 @ 4:00 p.m.
- Granting for events taking place between November 4, 2017 and February 2, 2018.
Round 1 Granting Decisions
- Approval/Refusal: November 3, 2017 (or last weekday before this date)
- Application Deadline (online): January 12, 2018 @ 4:00 p.m.
- Granting for events taking place between February 3, 2018 and April 25, 2018.
Round 2 Granting Decisions
- Approval/Refusal: February 2, 2018 (or last weekday before this date)
- Application Deadline (online): March 2, 2018 @ 4:00 p.m.
- Granting for events taking place between April 25, 2018 and September 25, 2018.
Round 3 Granting Decisions
- Approval/Refusal: March 23, 2018 (or last weekday before this date)
- Applicants must be members of the Council of Science Students’ Associations (COSSA).
- Grants are available only for item(s) or activities that directly improve the undergraduate experience of ISSS Members (all students in the Faculty of Science).
- To support sustainable financial practices, COSSA will only grant up to 50% of the total cost for the item(s) or activity.
- Recurring events within one academic year (October 25 to October 25 of the next year) will be subject to the same regulations as non-recurring events. However, after the first instance of the event, the Granting Committee may decide to allocate up to the maximum grant for each recurrence of the event ahead of time, up to a certain number of recurrences, subject to the Granting Committee’s assessment of the event.
- Grants may not be used for purposes that violate the Code of Student Behaviour, Municipal, Provincial, or Federal Law, the Constitution, or are partisan or denominational in nature.